This blog has been so vanilla lately but that's all going to change. I've been so busy with traveling and the holidays that I've been neglecting things. I'll also admit that a part of me was worried about "getting my hopes up" since I always had miscarriage in the back of my mind. Thankfully, now that I'm 12 weeks along that risk drops significantly!
For the past week I've had a song from the Wizard of Oz in my head: "You're out of the woods, you're out of the dark you're out of the night. Step into the sun, step into the light".
I know we're not 100% out of the woods (hell ,after watching what happened with my friend Ashley's baby boy I know I will NEVER be 100% out of the woods while pregnant) but it's still a milestone and it feels good to reach each and every milestone on the way!
Now I have four weeks of down time between now and my next appointment when we get to hear the baby's heartbeat. That seems so far away!! I want to hear it now! haha.
My friend Sarah lent me her fetal doppler monitor to try to find the heartbeat at home but we haven't had any luck yet. Hopefully next week! I'm only trying once a week so I don't drive myself crazy. :)
So far I'm looking a bit bigger around the middle but definitely not pregnant yet. However, I'm pretty sure I can feel my uterus just below my belly button. Gotta say, it's pretty weird! I can only really feel it when I suck in and there's a tiny bump left over. Soon enough I'll have a real bump and then a huge belly. It's still really hard to imagine that!
It seems like my pregnant friends are pretty much obsessed with finding out the sex of their babies. I wonder how I'm going to feel at 20 weeks when the girls around me are finding out the sex and I'm sitting pretty in the dark. I'm hoping it doesn't phase me because I think it will be a really fun surprise but I'm still dying to know! My intuition still says it's a girl but according to the Chinese Lunar Calendar Gender Predictor I'm having a boy. We shall see!
We have names picked out but we're not planning to share them with the general public just yet. :)
That's about all for right now. We're going on a mini getaway to New Orleans this weekend so I'll get a 'bump picture' when I'm there and update with the 12 week survey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment