Monday, April 19, 2010

Back in Blogging Business 26 weeks

Sorry for neglecting the blog this past month, I promise to go back and post the weekly updates at least so we have a complete record. :)

This weekend was my 29th birthday and I was reminded SEVERAL times that this is my last birthday without a little one. It's true, but still hard to comprehend! Our baby still is just a concept, a concept that kicks me all the time but still doesn't seem REAL, you know? It is pretty neat to know that this is the age I will be when I have my first baby. Everyone always asks how old you were, or how old your parents were when you were born. The answer for our first is 29!

I feel the baby move all.the.time. I can now tell the difference between kicks and punches based on location and intensity of the feeling. The baby is definitely head down and the bottom and legs keep getting higher and higher in my abdomen. I now feel kicks about 2 inches above my belly button and the punches are waaaaay down low by my pubic bone. I love feeling the baby move!

How far along? 26 weeks
Total weight gain: 14 lbs
Maternity clothes? I'm pretty much exclusively in maternity clothes now. I'm excited about our trip to Mexico this week so I can wear my summer clothes. My jersey knit skirts, long tanks and maxi dresses fit me just fine!
Sleep: I'm up every 1.5-2 hours at night. I usually visit the bathroom every time I wake up just in case, but sometimes I just wake up because I'm uncomfortable. I'm hoping these catnaps will serve me well when I'm up all night with baby!
Best moment this week: Finding out that a close friend of mine is pregnant! Sorry, I can't say who!
Sex of the baby: Surprise!
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button in or out? In, but it's getting more shallow!
What I miss: Sitting comfortably for a long period of time, sleeping for longer than 2 hours
What I am looking forward to: We are going to Mexico tomorrow! Can't wait to spend a week with JUST my husband and no distractions!
Milestones: I'm almost to the point where I can tell the position of the baby based on where I feel kicks and can feel the baby's bottom through my stomach!
Words of Wisdom: Tell your loved ones exactly how you feel. My uncle passed away early Sunday morning and I'm very thankful that we had time to prepare and no words were left unsaid. We'll miss him dearly.



What baby is up to this week:
 

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment