Happy Easter Everyone, here's an updated photo!
How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain: 11 lbs
Maternity clothes? Yup.
Sleep: Sometimes I like naps better than actually sleeping at night because with a nap in makes sense to wake up after a few hours!
Best moment this week: We got to see our baby again on Tuesday and it was confirmed that s/he is absolutely perfect! Also, Steve and I went to see Ingrid Michaelson and Mat Kearney on Friday night and it was a great time!
Sex of the baby: It's a surprise!
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button in or out? In.
What I miss: Wearing whatever I want.
What I am looking forward to: All you can eat Easter Brunch in Naperville with our parents.
Milestones: At 24 weeks a baby is considered to be viable outside of the womb. It's a bit of a relief to know that if, heaven forbid, sometime happened and the baby came early, there's a chance it would survive.
Words of Wisdom: Be creative with your clothes, you never know what might actually fit!
What's going on with the baby this week:
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment