This morning at 5:00 I woke up and took my temperature, a whopping 97.9, super high for me. I was spotting last night so I thought my period was coming and I was REALLY sad. I even cried during the night.
With the high temp this morning I decided I should test, even though I was expecting a negative result. I did a dip test, threw out the extra urine, and walked out of the bathroom.
Well... 10 minutes later I walked back in and my first test was a FAINT FAINT positive. So faint that I couldn't even get it to show up when I tried to take a picture! I didn't know what to think. I was shaking, felt nauseated, and looked at it from every angle possible. Almost went and woke up Steve but he's notoriously out of it when he gets up so I decided to let him discover it for himself. I put the test in the bathroom with the I Love Daddy bib that I had purchased a few months ago when we started trying. Then I got scared that since it was so faint I was jumping the gun by telling him. So I decided to eek out the last bit of pee that I could.
The second test was the same. Third test I switched brands and when that came up positive I started to cry. I finally busted out my digital test that I had been saving and when I saw that come up "Pregnant" I cried again. I set all four tests on the bib on our bathroom counter for Steve to see when he walks into the bathroom. I'm waiting with my camera ready to take a video of his reaction. I can't wait for him to get up!!
20 minutes later:
His reaction was priceless! He walked into the bathroom and I followed him while taking a video on my camera. He looked down at the tests, made a face of incomprehension and mumbled something, looked back down at the tests, then said 'OH!!!' and came over and hugged me so tight. Priceless
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats Morgan and Steve! Here's to a happy and healthy nine months. Enjoy every minute of it, it's such a blessing.
ReplyDelete