Thursday, November 26, 2009

We Told the Families!

Wednesday night we told Steve's family and while the actual surprise part didn't work exactly as planned, the reception was still great.

The idea was to gather everyone for a picture, tell everyone to 'Say Cheese' and then take one more and say 'Everyone say Morgan's Pregnant!'

So we did that and there was no reaction when Steve snapped the second photo. Then I said "No, really, I am!" and everyone reacted haha.

So, we didn't get it on film but that's ok. :) Everyone is very excited. We will have the 3rd grand baby on that side and the existing ones (ages 2 and 1) will be excited to have a cousin!

Thursday we told my family.

When we arrived the first thing my sister asked was if we were pregnant so I asked all exasperated and told her that her questions would be really hurtful if she kept asking and it took a really long time to get pregnant. Then she offered to donate one of her eggs to me if I couldn't do it myself, which was really sweet. haha

I was pretty much jumping out of my skin for the next hour because I really wanted to tell but everyone was cooking and getting things set up.

Finally I called everyone over under the pretense of a 'group hug' and I told them that we've all been through so much this past year and I'm so glad we were all able to be together today to celebrate the end of this year and we have so much to look forward to. Then I gave my sister a wrapped photo frame. It was the baby frame mentioned below and in the photo spot it read "Baby Crane, Photo coming July 23, 2010".

Torey unwrapped it and then my brother and SIL read it over her shoulder then my parents leaned in and read it too so it was a ripple reaction. It was fantastic and I got THEIR reactions on video with my new Flip. :) I'll get it up online soon.

Torey was indignant that I had been lying to her for the past two weeks but she was so excited that she carried around the baby frame with her for the next hour. haha.

It was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment