Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Figured out how to tell my family!

After some brainstorming last night with Kelly and Mel I figured out the perfect way to tell my family.

Here's the plan:
I bought this frame at Target:


I'm going to put a piece of paper in the frame that says: Photo coming July 23, 2010.


We're spending Thanksgiving with my family and my SIL's family and I want my fam to know first so I'm going to gather them together and talk a little bit about how hard this past year has been (I can't even type this without tearing up!) and how far we all have come, etc. Then I'm going to give Torey the wrapped frame and ask her to open it in front of us. I'm guessing people will think that it's a framed picture from our photo shoot a few weeks ago.

So when she opens it, she'll probably catch on pretty quick and then share the frame/news with everyone else. And then Steve can videotape it all on our new Flip camera. :)

I'm so excited now! I was feeling nervous about telling but now that I have an idea I love I'm stoked!

The plan to tell Steve's family is a little less in depth. We're going to his parents' house Wednesday night and 4 of his 5 siblings and their SO's will be there. We're going to make everyone get in a picture together and then have them say 'cheese' and then for the second picture have them say 'Morgan's Pregnant!' and get a photo of their reactions.

I'm so excited now!

I have a feeling that this will NOT go off without a hitch so I'll be sure to report how it ACTUALLY goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment